When God can’t teach us anything He finally makes us teachers, so we have to make sure we learn something in this life.
Brother Turiyananda Says
“Our behavior during the day makes our meditation at night.”
“Drop it, and you have to drop it fast!”
“Lord, I would like this very much, but please don’t give it to me!”
“TV re-energizes the bad samskaras of sex and
violence. If you take regular baths in low
vibrations, you cannot ascend higher.”
“Thoughts have the power of materialization.
Therefore you have to change your process of thought. There is no other way!”
“Stop worrying about the future of the world. Surrender your life to God.”
“All my life I have taken care of this body and
of this mind, and when I die I discover I am not
this body and this mind, and all my life I have taken care of somebody else.”
“You have to be honest and say, Lord, I may have
this question but I know I don’t understand the answer.”
Brother liked to quote St. Bernadette Soubirou:
“For those who believe, nothing needs to be
explained; for those who don’t believe, nothing can be explained.”
“Lord, if You forgive me the little jokes that I
played on You, I will forgive you the big one You played on me!”
“If you want non-violence, the first thing you
have to do is turn off television.”
“Don’t give too much time to the world. Let the
dead bury the dead, as Christ said. Anyone who
does not at least spend one hour daily in meditation, is as good as dead.”
“The Lord is stingy with those who are stingy with Him.”
“You will know who is your guru when God is satisfied with your sincerity.”
“When doing the Recharging Exercises, invoke a
reverential feeling. God Himself has given these
exercises to Guruji. You are to be embraced by God as Christ Energy.”
“Maya will give you all sorts of things to rob you of better things.”
“Anything which strengthens your mind is your
friend; anything that weakens your mind is your enemy.”
“You have to learn to immediately counteract any
negative thought. It’s an unseen warfare!”
“Avoid at all times to find yourself in
situations where there is violence or riots so
you don’t involve yourself in mass karma.
Especially TV revives those bad trends in us.”
“God will help you much more if you willingly
discipline yourself. Otherwise He will use the 2-by-4!”
“Stay away from all horror movies because you may
attune yourself to that level.”
“Remember the Bushido code: Complaints are for the weak!”
Some Sayings of Brother Turiyananda, Part 2
1) The key to all power is in the mind.
2) If the lunatic mind can be put behind the bars
of self control, then you can have joy.
3) We are controlled by:
Waves of thoughts – the causal body
Waves of emotion – the astral body
Waves of desires – the physical body
These three can only be controlled by meditation.
4) We have just come out of the darkest of all
dark ages. We carry samskaras (seeds of all these
thoughts) both in our subconscious and
superconscious. We must not awaken these through our thoughts.
5) Change your process of thought; there is no
other way. The universal disease is stress.
Nature is reacting to human stress. In Dwapara
Yuga the conscience is emerging, but man is not
following it and this creates stress.
6) If you wish to change the frequency of your
vibration, change all your thoughts and actions to the positive.
7) Shield yourself from negative thoughts by positive thoughts.
8) Avoid thoughts of violence – NO TV!!
9) Our inattentiveness to the motion of our own mind is our great failing.
10) You must be fanatically positive in order not
to stimulate past karma seeds.
11) The ceaseless, restless motion of the mind
keeps us from feeling the intuitive voice of conscience.
12) How can we surrender a mind we can’t control to a God whom we don’t know?
HEALING THE BODY, MIND AND SOUL
1) Ignorance of your own divinity is the source
of all disease of body, mind and soul.
2) Through meditation and positive thoughts you
can re-educate every cell in the body and change
your body, mind and soul, including genetics. You
will then be in Cosmic Consciousness.
3) Wrong thoughts impede the perfect thought
(causal) body. Wrong thoughts open portals for specific diseases.
4) If you are sick:
a) Do ENERGIZATION EXERCISES 2 to 3 times a day
b) Practice healing affirmations
c) It is imperative to defeat the
subconscious and its suggestions.
5) Brother said he had TB as a child and was
ridiculed for weakness; said he had scarlet fever
3 times; he collected diseases! He overcame them by will and affirmation.
6) Regarding depression- if it is severe, see a
doctor; practice the presence; have short intense
meditations and more prayer. Brother used the
vibrations of music-Beethoven (especially harp
and violin). You have to fight like a lion.
1) The mind has to be convinced about energization.
2) All of us have disease in our bodies, minds
and our emotions. We must get over it by energization.
3) You are working on your physical, astral and
causal bodies in the exercises. Disease has to be
removed by the harmony of all three bodies.
4) What is will power? There are two parts:
b) enthusiasm- the greatest conductor
of will power in your spiritual life.
5) Problems develop from underaction or overaction of life energy.
6) To become spiritual involves biological
regeneration. The attention at the C.C. is
vitally important in order to draw in the lifetronic energy that heals.
7) You must do every exercise with devotion.
8) EE helps to transcend body identification,
energy identification and thought identification.
There is a definite re-engineering at the
cellular level to get us ready for the cosmic current.
TECHNIQUES AND MEDITATION
1) The science of yoga is the gradual dimming of
the senses; then the energy comes in.
2) Evaluate how much time you are spending with
the world and how much time you are spending with God.
3) Long steadfast practice of Hong-Sau helps the
mind to stop and helps pranayama to develop.
4) Through Kriya Yoga gradually one is immune to astrological forces.
5) The entire feeling of peace and power at the
end of meditation must be consciously transferred
to the entire brain in order to change our brains.
6) If your techniques are not working, look at
your attitude toward your Guru, toward life, etc.
7) The goal of relaxation is to gradually disassociate the mind from the body.
8) The moment you are calm in meditation, the top
of your head opens and millions of light energy
units come down to harmonize the body.
CRITICISM AND COMPLAINING
1) Master said that there are two cancers that
eat at the foundation of the spiritual life:
criticism of others and complaints.
2) Complaints are for the weak. Brother said he
writes his complaints on a piece of paper, signs it and throws it away.
3) Criticism is pride. Pride has destroyed more
spiritual qualities than anything else.
4) Whenever you think something negative about
another, you magnetize or draw that quality to yourself.
5) Take care not to criticize weak individuals.
6) Criticism is a spiritual crime! Daya Ma told
him that he was deathly allergic to bees because
he had been so critical of others in a previous
life & had wallowed in others’ filthy ways. It
was all still in his subconscious.
7) You need to use mental Kung-Fu. As soon as you
criticize someone, pray for that person and beg forgiveness.
1) Through the valley of humility, you will find the ocean of divine love.
2) Humility is a true sign of God contact.
3) Spiritual pride is the most destructive of all.
4) Defeats make you very humble. You don’t judge anyone anymore.
5) The length of time it takes for you to
apologize to someone you’ve hurt indicates the caliber of your mind.
6) You must fling yourself at the feet of God.
Humility is the most important quality.
1) Friendship is the purest relationship between
individuals; marriage should be based on friendship.
2) Married life is a school of humility.
3) In marriage we fail because we fail to bring
out the greatness in each other by our misbehavior.
4) When one partner is not spiritual in marriage,
the spiritual one must completely attune himself
(herself) to God and then give to the spouse.
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS
1) Be kind at all times. That opens the channel for God’s love.
2) Be kind to everyone in every possible way and
God will share His strength with you.
3) If you cannot love someone, then pray for that person.
4) Trying to convert others is only an ego trip. Master should only convert.
5) You cannot advance spiritually if anyone can
get to you and cause you animosity and hurt.
6) When you leave your body, you won’t be judged
so much for what you’ve done wrong, but by the good that you haven’t done.
7) Completely remove self-pity from your life and
the need to be understood by others. The only
ones who completely understand you are God and Guru.
8) By your love your pets are spiritualized.
9) In the end we are all the same size; no size at all.
10) The more you forgive, the more karmic law will forgive you.
LOVE AND DEVOTION
1) One of our greatest failings is not knowing how much God loves us.
2) We have to become like the naughty child who
held his mother’s arms so that she couldn’t spank
him. We have to do this with Divine Mother.
3) It is not that we develop devotion; it is that
we become receptive to the inflow of God to us.
4) When you give all personal emotion to God and
your love becomes unconditional, God will come.
5) We all suffer from loneliness. Brother said he
was crying in his room and opened Imitations of
Christ and read a passage that said, “My son, why
do you wait so long to come to Me?” Brother said he cried even more.
6) Think of God’s love coming to us through the
stars, the earth and nature of all kinds.
7) You should only be concerned about feeling the love of God and surrender.
8) If you feel God’s love from time to time,
you’ve got it! Nothing else matters.
9) The moment you become possessive with your love from God, then you lose Him.
10) When man begins to worship the Divine Mother,
he will begin to respect women. He will then become a better person.
11) Stop 50 times a day and say, “My Lord, I have not forgotten You”.
1) According to the Indian scriptures, it is
utterly impossible to find our way out without the guru.
2) The guru’s body is like a drop of water and his consciousness is the ocean.
3) The guru brings two gifts:
a) Salvation – divine parole in which the
disciple awakens his soul power but still has to go through trial period.
b) Divine amnesty – the heart must be free from all desires.
4) The guru takes on the karma of all his disciples in all three worlds.
5) There is nothing in creation that can convey the divinity of an avatar.
6) Master came to teach us to feel the love of God, not love for God.
7) Look into the eyes of the guru all the time.
Have a big picture right in front of you.
8) The pictures of the gurus are real because
they have Cosmic Consciousness; we are unreal.
9) Brother said that he never said, “I know Master wants me to
10) A Christian abbot told Swami Ramdas (a yogi
Brother met in Switzerland before coming to the
ashram): “In the Christian religion we believe
that man has to acquire virtue before he goes to
God”. Ramdas replied, “Does a dirty child wash
himself before going to his mother? No, he goes
dirty and she washes him”. Brother said that our
guru does that; but with a wire brush!!
11) Master said to a disciple, “I want you to
make a pilgrimage to all the holy places in
India”. The disciple said, “Okay, Master.” Then
he picked up his bag and walked around Master 3
times and said, “There, I’ve done it.” Master said, “Fine.”
12) If you worry about your spiritual progress
(seeing the spiritual eye, hearing Aum etc.) or
if you say you don’t want to reincarnate again,
you have not fully surrendered to the guru. You lack complete faith in him.
13) If you get in trouble with God, your guru
will intercede for you. But if you get in trouble
with your guru, run for the hills!!
1) A 13th Century moslem said, “It is better to
be the slave of a great master than to be the slave of your mind”.
2) It is more important that you know at least 5%
of the teachings and practice 95% of that, than
know 95% of the teachings and practice only 5%.
3) Do you realize that everyone has to become an
“Olympic champion” before he can go back to God?
4) You must be a conqueror of yourself – a
Genghis Khan, a Napoleon – the world’s greatest strategist!
5) Never identify yourself with momentary flashes of error.
6) The disciple must sacrifice his unspiritual consciousness.
7) Qualities minimally required of a disciple:
a) Faith – our face must not be a Doubting Thomas
8) You will know who your guru is when God is satisfied with your sincerity.
9) With implicit obedience you will gradually emerge from sense slavery.
10) If you read Master’s poem â€œSamadhiâ€ every
day of your life, a great change will happen in your consciousness.
11) Surrender is the key. The greatest
obstruction to surrender is the desire to
maintain our good and bad habits – anger, mental
laziness, moods, criticism, likes and dislikes.
12) The more intimate your relationship with
Master, the more you will know when to surrender and when to fight.
13) The progress of a yogi is in direct
proportion to his ability to endure the pain of transformation.
RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD
1) Each one of us is so irresistibly beautiful as
a soul. That is why God loves us.
2) Those who do not spend some time with God every day are spiritually dead.
3) Each morning affirm; “O Lord, I have no desires”, even if you have desires.
4) It’s not how much you suffer that counts, but
how much you remember God when you suffer.
5) Only when you increase your intuition through
superconsciousness will you know what role you should play.
6) When you become an instrument of God, you have
a responsibility to not obstruct the love of God.
7) No matter what happens, know that God has cut
off 50% of our karmic retribution.
8) Once you become a spiritual person, God won’t let you drag your feet.
9) God doesn’t accept our failures after a certain time.
10) God will willingly help if you are
disciplining yourself or God will hit you with a 2×4!
11) Humility, perseverance and devotion will make
us aware of God during a dry period.